Saturday, August 31, 2013

Just Best Friends

September 1st, Shilpa’s birthday, Something Abhi can never forget. He always wanted to hold the credit of wishing her first. He always wanted to have a unique stance whatever that is related to Shilpa. Someone whom he can’t just let it go, irrespective of fracas they had, Abhi picked up his phone to call her on a peg of cappuccino.

Tring Tring !!! Tring Tring !!! Tring Tring



Abhi can feel his heart rate racing up to the peak. He had a sip of coffee.

Tring Tring!!! Tring Tring

“Hello” A rough voice answered.

“Hey Shilpa, Abhi here”

“Yeah”
“Hey Happy Birthday” declared Abhi

“Oh you remember. Great” sarcasm ruled the reply.

“Yeah” with an ugly grin

“mhm” she replied lame.

Silence ruled the conversation. Abhi never faced such situation with Shilpa. They never ran out of topic to chat, discuss, fight, argue and finally win. Batteries ran out of charge, Phone balance couldn’t stand that long and even their sleep had a short nap before they proclaim a final “bye”. At last, Shilpa spoke up.

“You told that you never want to talk to me again…….” No full stop was found in that statement.

“You did not even counter question. So, it meant even you got the same stance” replied Abhi.

“You are the one who did unfriend me on fb, you are the one who never want to see me again…………” the list was endless that shilpa read over phone.

“Come on, this is ridiculous. You stopped talking to me on phone, never did text me at least a good morning. Even you got same stance Shilpa. You hate me” answered Abhi.

“Oh okay. So you hate me. Fine, Thank you.” concluded Shilpa.

“Do you have any idea what did I underwent? Not even a word from you. You are such a idiot, stupid, fool……” Abhi did not realize that his eyes were flooded. 

“Okay, is there something we can sort out?”

“I really do not know Abhi” Shilpa answered wiping her tears.

“Okay, let us make it simple. I shall send you a friend request on fb, you tell me a sorry” proposed Abhi.

“No, you tell me a sorry and you send me a request on fb. As I am very generous and kind hearted I shall accept your friend request” smiled Shilpa with tear inundated eyes.

“You are so mean. Come on, you are partner in crime. Let us share it equally.”

“I am a girl and I am more sensitive than you did. So you owe me an apology” declared Shilpa.

“You did not even wish me on my birthday, late night after checking with fb you just texted me on phone and I am very first person to wish you and you just shift the blame and apology on me and demand a sorry” Abhi laughed out loud.

“Just tell me when my birthday is?” inquired Abhi.

“mhm November. No December. This is final April right? Okay, I am so sorry” muttered Shilpa.

“What? Come again. Could not hear you” re-questioned Abhi.

“I am so sorry” yelled to top of her voice.

“Okay, even I am sorry for what ever happened” uttered Abhi.

“No tell me more” yelled Shilpa.

“What?”

“That you are sorry and you shall never do that again to me. Also, Shilpa is a good girl” Shilpa smirked.

“Here by I declare that………….” Repeated Abhi

“Tomorrow 12 PM sharp at barbeque” proposed Shilpa.

“What I can get for birthday baby?”

“Your credit card” Shilpa laughed out loud.

Abhi touched the ‘end call’ option with a bright smile on his face. In fact, cappuccino worked. Before Abhi could vacate the place, a stranger from next table joined him.

“Sir, please do not mind. I hear your conversation. Can you please tell me more tips to reconcile with girlfriend” stranger literally urged him.

“Boss chill, we are not lovers” declared Abhi.

“Then?” puzzled stranger.

Just Best Friends” smiled Abhi.




No comments:

Post a Comment